Orchard Lawn, the home of the Gundry family, was built in 1868. The Gundry family occupied Orchard Lawn until 1936, when the home was rescued from demolition by eleven Mineral Point residents for $800. Those eleven residents formed the Mineral Point Historical Society, the group that proudly owns and manages the property to this day. The home was built in the Italianate style and features a beautiful, expansive front porch, tall arched windows and a distinctive belvedere. The front door, set between stained glass windows, opens to a foyer with a grand staircase. A library, formal parlor, and dining room feature high ceilings, elaborate woodwork, historic furniture and artifacts. The entire 9-acre estate remains as beautiful today as it was at the turn-of-the 20th Century. The present day gardens are a beautiful setting for wedding ceremonies and receptions.